- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1/2 cup Fresh Harvest Butter Olive Oil
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consommé
- 4 cups turkey, chicken or veggie stock
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans or corn
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Harvest Traditional Balsamic
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
In a Dutch oven, saute on medium heat the carrots, celery and onion in butter olive oil for 10 minutes. Add consommé, 4 cups stock, optionally add salt and pepper (to taste). Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add turkey and beans or corn; cook for 5 minutes. Combine the flour, Balsamic and water until smooth; stir into turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened.
For dumplings: combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir in parsley and poultry seasoning. Combine milk and egg; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Drop by tablespoons into simmering stew.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Yield: 10-12 servings.