- 5-6 medium russet potatoes peeled and cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- Fresh Harvest Cayenne Pepper Infused Olive Oil (for Frying)
- Sea salt and fresh ground Black Pepper to taste
Cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Boil for 4 minutes until just barely tender, and then drain in a colander.
Heat a heavy frying pan over high heat (cast iron is excellent) Once very hot, add enough olive oil to come 1/3″ up the sides of the pan and heat the oil to 350 F.
Add the thoroughly drained potatoes to the pan and fry for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown, flipping half way through to brown both sides. Drain and salt/pepper immediately. Serve with or slathered in aioli.
Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Harvest Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil – mild to medium intensity.
- 1 small roasted red pepper, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature**
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Once the olive oil is completely poured in and emulsified, remove the aioli to a sealed container and refrigerate. This condiment is fabulous on coleslaw, sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, shoes… basically anything.
**This recipe contains raw egg yolks. If you have a compromised immune system, you can use pasteurized eggs for this recipe.