By Rachel Bradley
There are very few ingredients required to make hummus. In light of this, it’s imperative that the handful of ingredients used be of the highest quality available especially where the olive oil is concerned. This, and only this, is the secret to amazing hummus. Using Fresh Harvest EVOO makes a HUGE difference in the quality of the Hummus. You can use store bought or homemade Roasted Red Peppers, but Fresh Harvest does carry the Delizia brand of the best Roasted Red Peppers I’ve ever found.
- 1 jar Delizia Roasted Red Peppers, drained (Please note we sell this amazing brand of Red Peppers at Fresh Harvest and at our website)
- 2 – 15 oz. cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil of your choice or any infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve and drizzle more fresh olive oil over the top if desired.
Serve with Pita bread, carrots, celery, broccoli, zucchini sticks or nearly any veggie.