By Troy Johnson
This salad dressing is based on the fantastic Esperanza Dressing from the Mellow Mushroom restaurant (a fabulous pizzeria famous in the South). If you’ve never been to a Mellow Mushroom restaurant, it’s definitely wonderful. Use this dressing for salads and anything else to dip!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Premium White Balsamic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 sprigs (about ¼ cup) fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place all of the ingredients in the bowl of a blender or food processor and process until creamy and smooth. Adjust seasoning as desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serve on salads or with Pita bread, veggies, etc. Also a great dip for pizza!
This mixture will keep refrigerated for up to 4-5 days.