By Peggy Pot
- 1 extra-large bunch kale
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest mild to medium intensity EVOO
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- 1/8 cup Fresh Harvest Premium White Balsamic
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 8 large dates, minced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast for vegan version)
- Salt and pepper to taste (at least ½ tsp each)
Trim center rib from kale and coarsely chop leaves. Put chopped leaves into food processor and pulse until very finely chopped but not pureed. You should end up with about 2 cups of finely chopped kale.
Put kale in large bowl. Add oil, vinegars, lemon juice and salt and pepper. Mix well with a spatula, pressing hard on the kale to macerate it and thoroughly infuse it with the wet mixture.
Stir in nuts, minced dates and cheese (or yeast). Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Put into a tightly covered container and refrigerate several hours or overnight before serving. It is delicious eaten as a dip with chips or crackers, served on rice or pasta or simply eaten as is.
This recipe is my re-creation of a salad I purchased at a local health food store. It will serve 2-6 people, depending upon whether you eat it as a dip or enjoy it by the spoonful!