These Greek inspired fritters are delicious! We’re always looking for ways to use zucchini and this recipe works well. The feta cheese is a perfect compliment.
- 1 potato
- 3 zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 10 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Fresh Harvest Olive Oil (EVOO, Tuscan Herb or Garlic Olive Oil)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil, and place the potato into the water. Boil until tender, about 20 minutes; remove and let cool. When cool enough to handle, finely dice.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked potato, zucchini, egg, onion, mint leaves, feta cheese, and bread crumbs to make a mixture that holds together when pressed lightly.
- Place flour into a separate shallow dish. Form the zucchini mixture into small patties, and dredge patties in flour on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry the zucchini patties until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Drain the patties on paper towels; serve hot.