These are a huge hit at any gathering! Crispy-crunchy on the outside, with a spicy Baklouti olive oil potato on the inside, encasing a gooey cheese center. The Baklouti is an African green chili and has a spicy, fresh and delicious flavor.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut in to 2″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Baklouti Chili olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Harvest Garlic Infused olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese cut in to 1/2″ cubes (chilled)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon finely minced flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fine bread crumbs
For frying: use a Fresh Harvest UP Extra Virgin olive oil.
Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook for approximately 20 minutes or more until the potatoes are tender. Allow the potatoes to cool completely. Mash the cooled potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and add the garlic infused olive oil, Baklouti Chili olive oil, parmesan cheese, parsley, and one beaten egg. egg. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
Beat the remaining two eggs in a separate bowl, and add the bread crumbs to another bowl.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Form the potato mixture in 2″ oblong shapes. Push a piece of the chilled mozzarella cheese in to the center of each oblong, and form the potato around in so that it is completely encased. Coat each croquette in egg, and then roll in bread crumbs to thoroughly coat. Set aside on the baking sheet. Chill in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
Heat 2″ of Fresh Harvest UP extra virgin olive oil in a heavy frying pan over medium high heat.
When a deep fry thermometer reaches 375, fry the croquettes in batches until deep golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.