This is a dressy version of my favorite way to cook broccoli, definitely not the broccoli from our childhood days! The broccoli is delicious on its own, just with salt and pepper; but pairing it with the white truffle oil from Fresh Harvest and the Parmesan shavings turns an old standby into something rich and elegant.
By Chef Karen Gros
Visit her at: www.cuisinekaren.com
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- ½ cup shaved, aged Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Harvest White Truffle Oil
1) Place a baking sheet (I use the bottom part of a broiler pan) in the oven, and preheat to 425 degrees.
2) Slice off the stems and chop the broccoli into small florets. Peel the stems and cut into 1 inch pieces. In a large bowl toss the broccoli and stems with the butter, Fresh Harvest EVOO, salt and pepper.
3) Pour the broccoli onto the hot baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the broccoli is tender, but still vibrant greet. The florets should be slightly crispy and very lightly browned.
4) Place the broccoli in a bowl and drizzle with the white truffle oil, toss quickly to coat evenly.
5) Arrange the broccoli on a serving platter and garnish with the Parmesan shavings. Serve immediately.