Whether you’re a brussels sprouts lover or hater, this recipe is for you. After much initial protesting, this recipe quickly turns brussels sprout haters into converts and the fans just love them even more. Yum!
- 1 1/2 pounds small, fresh brussels sprouts, dried end trimmed, and cut in half
- 1/2 pound fresh Cremini mushrooms sliced in half
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Mushroom-Sage olive oil (or olive oil of your choice such as lemon, garlic, etc.)
- 1 medium shallot thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Harvest Pomegranate balsamic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat a heavy-duty 12″ sauté’ pan, add the olive oil.
Add the shallot and sauté over medium until translucent.
Add the mushrooms and brussles sprouts and sauté over medium-high heat until the mushrooms and brussles sprouts begin to caramelize (about 6 minutes).
Add the 2 tablespoons of pomegranate balsamic to the pan stirring and scraping to de-glaze it. (Make sure to scrape up the browned bits of mushroom and shallot at the bottom while evenly coating the brussles sprouts).
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Note: You can also use different Fresh Harvest Balsamics to explore new tastes.