Yup, we put potatoes in our waffle maker. What!? You don’t put potatoes in your waffle maker? Heresy!! These golden crisp-on-the-outside and creamy-cheesy on the inside savory snacks are absolutely mind blowing! Your waffle maker will love it!
- 2 cups cold mashed potatoes (preferably unseasoned)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour or ½ cup potato flour
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large scallions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest garlic olive oil
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Sour cream (optional for serving)
- Hot sauce (optional for serving)
Heat your waffle maker. Oh boy! You’re about to make Latke!
Meanwhile, add all the ingredients to a large bowl including 1/2 of the scallions, and whisk thoroughly.
Grease the clean, hot waffle iron well. We like a high temp non-stick spray best, but grapeseed oil also works well.
Add 1/3 cup for each waffle. Smash that lid down gently.
Cook until golden brown on the inside, about 5 minutes per waffle.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, additional scallions, and hot sauce, if desired.