- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 cup Fresh Harvest Dark Balsamic (Traditional, Fig, Espresso, or fruity)
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Baklouti olive oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika (mild or spicy)
- 2 teaspoons cayenne (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add ketchup, Worcestershire, molasses, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, mustard, granulated garlic, smoked paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
Transfer sauce to the jar of a blender and blend until smooth. Let cool to room temperature, transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator for up to a month. This is great on everything – chicken, ribs, burgers, and shoes. LOL.
You can literally put it on anything, and I encourage you to do so.
Makes approximately 3 cups.