No-carb can be amazing! Just realize the olive oil you use on this dish makes the difference between a good dish and an oily mess. Most all imported olive oil sold in the USA is adulterated and unfit for human consumption. Check out Fresh Harvest for the freshest olive oil on the planet.
- 1 medium fresh cauliflower cut in pieces – florets only
- 6-8 cups lightly salted water
- 1/3 cup organic whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Buttermilk (optional)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Medium or Robust EVOO
- 1/3 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
- 3 large cloves whole garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (finely minced) or use other herbs or herb blends like Greek Freak, Italian, etc.
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Bring water to a light boil. Add Cauliflower and garlic cloves and cook covered 8-10 minutes (until fork tender). Drain thoroughly and return to pot. Add the Fresh Harvest olive oil, whipping cream, buttermilk, cheese, herbs and pepper. Use an immersion blender (stick blender) until pureed to a creamy, mashed potato-like consistency. To finish, drizzle with additional grated Pecorino, a drizzle of olive oil, and more chives or herbs. This is a wonderful, low carb alternative to mashed potatoes and can also be used as a dip, spread or condiment.