- 1 ½ lbs boneless/skinless chicken breast cut into 1” pieces (Try to find local, organic and humanely raised – the taste is much better.)
- 1 cup (organic) whole milk plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Garlic Olive Oil
- Juice from ½ fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Oregano Balsamic
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
Place the marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk thoroughly. Add the chicken and marinade into a ziplock bag or large bowl with a tight cover. Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or up to 48 hours. Longer is better!
To cook the chicken, prepare a grill for indirect cooking, or preheat the oven to 400 F. The chicken can be cooked on skewers or in a single layer on a greased broiler pan.
If grilling, remember to soak the skewers in water prior to grilling. Place the skewered chicken on to the grill over indirect heat, turn every two minutes to cook all sides of the chicken, approximately 8-12 minutes or until done. Remove and allow to rest briefly while covered.
If broiling in the oven, either skewer the chicken or place in a single layer on a mesh cooking rack or broiler pan. Cook the chicken on the top rack at 450 F. for 6-8 minutes and then turn the broiler on for an additional 4 minutes of broiling or until done. Turn the chicken to brown each side.
Serve immediately with Greek Style Lemon Garlic Roasted Potatoes (in our recipes)on a bed of greens.