- 4 slices pancetta or thick-sliced bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 pounds Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed and ends trimmed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sherry or water
- 3-4 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Maple Balsamic
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Slivered almonds, optional
In a large skillet, cook the pancetta or bacon pieces until they are crisp. While the pancetta cooks, rinse the Brussels sprouts under water. Remove the bacon and drain on a paper towel. Discard the bacon fat and wipe out the skillet.
Cut the brussels sprouts in half or quarters.
Add the brussels sprouts in the skillet the bacon was cooked in and begin to sauté over medium heat until they start to slightly brown, sprinkling them with the sherry or water so they don’t stick, about 5 minutes.
Drizzle the brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar and continue sautéing until the sprouts are just tender, about 5 to 6 minutes more.
Season with freshly ground black pepper and top with bacon pieces and slivered almonds if desired.