A delicious and easy recipe! Keep frozen cranberries from the holidays to have this anytime of the year! Cranberries are a great source of antioxidants and they freeze well.
- 2 cloves garlic or 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Cranberry Pear balsamic
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Worcester
- 1½ cups cranberries, divided
- 8-10 pieces organic chicken (your choice)
- Nonstick spray, as needed
- Salt and ground pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary for finishing (optional)
Using a ninja, food processor or blender, process garlic, balsamic, olive oil, soy or Worchester sauce and ½ cup of the cranberries until smooth.
Place chicken pieces in a bowl and pour marinade over chicken. Stir well and cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour or more. Stir occasionally. Marinate up to 2 day tightly covered and chilled.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a large cast iron skillet or casserole dish with nonstick spray.
Remove the chicken from the bag, reserving the marinade. Place chicken pieces in the skillet or dish, skin side down, and season with salt and pepper (optional) I usually don’t. Sprinkle the remaining 1-cup cranberries around the pan.
Roast the chicken until the skin begins to brown and the meat is nearly cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Flip the chicken and brush each piece generously with the reserved marinade. Discard the remaining marinade. Raise oven temperature to 425°F, garnish with rosemary (optional) and cook until chicken is well browned, about 10-15 minutes more or until done. Serve immediately.