Moist with crispy corners. Fudgy and delicious!
- 6 tablespoons Fresh Harvest mild and fruity extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to grease pan. You can also use our Blood Orange or Mandarin olive oil.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 3 ounces melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup mini or regular chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, as needed
Heat oven to 350 degrees, and grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking dish with some of the olive oil. Line pan with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on 2 sides so you can pull the brownies out easily.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt and baking powder.
In a large bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and boiling water until smooth. Whisk in 6 tablespoons olive oil, melted chocolate, egg and vanilla.
Whisk in brown and granulated sugars, then fold in flour mixture, then chocolate chips. Scrape into prepared pan, and bake until set and firm to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes.
Immediately sprinkle brownies with flaky salt while still warm, and let cool. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
The brownies will last, covered at room temperature, for up to 5 days, and can be frozen for up to 1 month.