EVOO fries up the best crab cakes!
Wild Prawn Cakes
- 1 pound raw, wild shrimp, peeled and deveined, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely minced
- 3 medium green onions, finely minced
- 1/3 cup finely minced cilantro leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
Use a Fresh Harvest Ultra Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil for frying.
Heat 3/4″ of Fresh Harvest Olive Oil in a heavy, wide frying pan over medium-high (heat to 350 degrees on a deep fry thermometer).
In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, reserving 1 cup of panko bread crumbs for breading the shrimp cakes. Place the panko crumbs in wide dish. Portion the cakes evenly in to four patties and coat thoroughly with the reserved panko bread crumbs.
Fry the shrimp cakes for 3 minutes per side, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the shrimp cakes are cooked through.
- 1/2 cup very mild intensity Fresh Harvest Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Fresh Harvest Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained thoroughly
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large egg yolks (ROOM TEMP)
- 1 tablespoon water
Place the egg yolks, water, salt, capers, and lemon juice in the bowl of a blender of food processor. Pulse to finely chop the cilantro and capers. With the motor running, drizzle the oil mixture in slowly, being careful not to pour too quickly.
Simple Baby Greens Salad
4 cups baby greens, for serving
2 tablespoons mild to medium intensity Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Fresh Harvest Honey Ginger White Balsamic
Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic. Toss the baby greens with the vinaigrette and serve the shrimp cakes over the baby greens with a dollop of the aioli.