A classic recipe with a Fresh Harvest twist. Yes, you can!
This recipe is easier than you think and it’s delicious.
- 5 large egg yolks (room temperature)
- 2/3rd cup + 1 tbsp. granulated sugar (divided)
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup Marsala wine (sweet)
- 2 dozen Italian Lady fingers*
- ¼ cup good quality dark rum
- ½ cup Fresh Harvest Espresso Balsamic
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- Cocoa or chocolate powder for dusting
* A fairly reasonable substitute for lady finger cakes is to use a whole plain sponge cake, angel food or pound cake. Cut cake into 4”x 2” fingers and bake them in a 300-degree oven for about 15 minutes before assembling the Tiramisu. Let them cool completely before constructing Tiramisu.
Whisk 1/3 cup of sugar with egg yolks for 5 minutes until light yellow and tripled in volume. Place the egg yolks in a large heat proof bowl set over a medium saucepan of simmering water. Add the Marsala and continue whisking constantly for about five minutes or until the temperature of the mixture reaches 155 degrees on a digital thermometer (this process eliminates any bacteria).
Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes. Then, whisk in the soft Mascarpone into yokes until smooth. Don’t over whisk. Stop once you get a consistent creamy texture.
In a large bowl or stand mixer whip the cream, vanilla and 1/3 cup of sugar until soft peaks form (10-15 min). Gentlyfold whipped cream into the egg yolk and mascarpone mixture until creamy and well blended. Keep as much air in the mixture as possible. Whisk together rum, 1 tbsp. sugar and balsamic in a shallow bowl you can use to dip the lady fingers.
Working with 1 cookie at a time, dipping a total of 12 cookies into the espresso balsamic mixture per layer. Arrange the lady fingers in a single layer, side by side with a small amount of room between each, over the bottom of a 9×9” dish. Spoon 1/3 of the mascarpone mixture over the cookies and gently spread to cover. Repeat this process finishing with a layer of mascarpone. Using a mesh strainer, lightly sprinkle top with ground chocolate or cocoa. Cover tiramisu \and refrigerate at least 5-6 hours.