A classic done right by using high quality EVOO! Unlike store-bought EVOO, this will not be greasy.
- 14 oz can chickpeas – rinsed and drained.
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Toasted Sesame Oil or ¼ cup Tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoonCumin
- ½ teaspoonSumac
- ½ teaspoonsalt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest extra virgin olive oil
Using a food processor, add Tahini and lemon juice. Blend for 20 seconds to creamy texture.
Next add minced garlic, spices and olive oil. Blend for 30 seconds until creamy. Scrape bowl.
Add rinsed and drained Chickpeas and blend for up to 2 minutes until texture is rich and creamy.
Sprinkle with Sumac for a delightful spicy topping. Serve with bread or veggies. Delicious and easy!
Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Try using our different Extra Virgin, Fused and Infused olive oils for a wide range of flavored Hummus recipes!