The olive oil you select for this recipe makes all the difference in the world in creating really good Pesto. Using our Ultra-Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil will ensure your Pesto is the best in flavor and texture!
- 1 cup packed fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 1 cup packed fresh baby spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup Fresh Harvest mild and fruity Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts or sliced raw almonds or walnuts
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt or to taste (optional)
In your blender or food processor finely chop the garlic, and then add the cheese and nuts. Process until finely crumbled and follow with the spinach, basil and olive oil. Process with pulses on low until smooth, about 10-15 seconds, stopping the machine to scrape down the sides as necessary. Prepare your favorite pasta and toss the strained, hot pasta with the pesto. Top with the cheese of your choice, pine nuts, etc. You can also freeze in jars to enjoy later!
Makes about 1 cup of pesto.
ALSO, try ½ Basil and ½ Cilantro for a wonderful taste!