- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Fig Balsamic
- 10 ounces mesclun (spring salad mix)
- 1 apple, cored, halved and sliced thin
- ½ cup blanched hazelnuts or toasted pistachios, chopped coarse
- 6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into bite size pieces.
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper taste (optional)
Whisk oil and vinegar together.
Toss mesclun, apple, hazelnuts or pistachios, and 6 tablespoons vinaigrette together in large bowl. Divide salad evenly among 4 dinner plates. Top each salad with 1½ ounces prosciutto and ¼ cup goat cheese. Serve, passing remaining vinaigrette separately.
We prefer sweet, crisp apples such as Fuji, Gala, or Honeycrisp for this salad.