This is a super easy recipe and much healthier than canned sauce.
- 1 Lbs. lean ground beef or buffalo
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Traditional Balsamic
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Harissa olive oil
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 1 ½ tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic
- Pinch of ground cloves
In a large skillet or Dutch oven brown beef on medium heat, breaking meat up into very small pieces. Drain off any fat. Add Harissa olive oil, onion and bell peppers. Cook until vegetables are tender.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir well. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve on rolls.
Add additional toppings for different tastes: cheese, jalapenos, slaw, onions, pickles, and so on.