This fresh cranberry sauce is the bomb! Made with dark rum and balsamic. We use honey to help sweeten without too much processed sugar. Try different flavors of our balsamic for a different taste!
- 1 package (12 ounce) whole, fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup your favorite, authentic honey
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Raspberry Balsamic
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup good quality dark rum
- 1 beautiful orange, zest and juice
- Rinse off fresh cranberries, drain and put into saucepan.
- Zest and juice the beautiful orange.
- Add all ingredients to berries and stir well.
- Bring mixture to a boil and stir well. Reduce heat to low. Cover loosely and let simmer on low for 30 minutes or more.
- You want all the cranberries to ‘pop’ and the mixture will eventually thicken.
- Stir frequently and stir well.
- When mixture is nice and thick, and the berries have all ‘popped’ take off heat and let cool for 10 minutes. Transfer to bowl for serving, or chill. It is best when chilled and will thicken more in the refrigerator.
Note: if all the berries don’t ‘pop’, that is fine. You can use a spoon to crush them or leave them whole for a chunkier sauce. If sauce gets too thick, add a bit more water. This can simmer for quite a while and will get thicker and better as it cooks.