- 6 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Butter olive oil
- 2 pounds frozen or fresh corn kernels
(about 6 1/2 cups)
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Rosemary olive oil
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise (optional)
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig (optional)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fine or coarse yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups freshly grated Cheddar or Parmesan
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Add 3 tablespoons butter olive oil to a 9-by-13-inch pan or cast-iron skillet and brush thoroughly to coat.
In a medium pot, add 3 tbsps. Butter and 1 tbsp. Rosemary olive oil and heat to medium-high. Add corn, scallions, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn starts to give off some liquid and softens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
Whisk the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl to combine. Mix into the corn mixture. Stir to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream and eggs with a fork until combined. Add to the corn mixture along with 1/2 cup grated cheese and stir just until combined, taking care not to overmix.
Pour the batter into the pan, spread evenly, then sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted, and the casserole is set, about 30 to 35 minutes. For a golden top, broil for a few minutes. Serve hot.