Easy. Delicious. Hearty. Satisfying.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1-pound beef stewing meat (Buffalo or Venison work well too), trimmed and cut into inch cubes
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Garlic infused olive oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Neapolitan Herb or Traditional balsamic
- 1 cup red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon works well)
- 3 ½ cups beef broth (low-sodium and organic)
- 2 teaspoons Greek Freak or Italian seasoning
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 5 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon salt, flavored salt or smoked salt
- Combine the flour and pepper in a bowl, add the beef and toss to coat well. Heat Garlic olive oil to medium high in a Dutch oven or large skillet. Shake excess flour off beef and add a few pieces at a time to pan; don’t overcrowd. Cook, turning the pieces until beef is browned on all sides, about 3-5 minutes per batch; add more oil as needed.
- Remove the beef cubes from the pan and add the Fresh Harvest balsamic and wine. Cook and deglaze over medium-high heat, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Add the beef, beef broth, salt and seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer.
- Cover and cook on low, skimming broth from time to time, until the beef is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add onions and carrots and simmer on low, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add the potatoes and simmer uncovered until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes more. As the stew cooks uncovered, it should reduce to a thicker consistency.If needed add 2-3 tbsps. cornstarch whisked with 1 tbsp. water to thicken stew.