You’ll never eat steamed or roasted Asparagus again! This recipe uses several techniques to prepare the asparagus that make the salad seem complex for a one ingredient salad with cheese and dressing.
- 1 ½ to 2 pounds asparagus, not too skinny (fat is fine)
- 2 tbsps. Fresh Harvest Milanese Gremolata olive oil
- 2 tbsps. Fresh Harvest Sicilian Lemon Balsamic
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
- Freshly shaved Parmesan to taste
Directions: Cut off the woody bottoms of the asparagus spears; discard. Cut off the flower ends and set aside. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the dark green outer skin of each spear; you should get three or four ribbons from each one. Set aside. Cut the remaining stalks crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds. Combine ribbons, sliced rounds and tips in a large bowl. Whisk olive oil and balsamic together and pour over asparagus. Toss with grated cheese. Top with shaved Parmesan. Serve immediately or chill for 1-2 hours.