This is an incredible enchilada and most will never know it has no meat! This is a veggie dish that will make all the meat eaters in the house addicted!
Easy, simple and freezable for later.
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Baklouti Green Chili Fused olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups grated Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese (12 ounces) – or a mix of both.
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups Fresh Baby spinach (clean and dry)
- 1 small white onion (diced)
- 1 med Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 box (10 ounces) frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 16 flour tortillas (6-inch) at room temperature.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Make sauce: In a medium saucepan, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil to medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon cumin, flour, and tomato paste; cook, whisking, 1 minute. Whisk in broth and 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until slightly thickened, 5 to 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside to cool.
Make filling: Over medium heat add 2 tablespoons Baklouti Green Chili Olive Oil to a large nonstick skillet. Add Red Bell Pepper, Onion & Scallion whites. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until onion is slightly translucent. Add corn and spinach. Cook 3-4 minutes until spinach is wilted and cooked down. Add beans. Stir well and take off the heat. Let mixture cool 4-5 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups cheese, filling mix, Ancho chili powder and remaining 1 teaspoon ground Cumin. Stir well.
Lightly oil two 8-inch square baking dishes; set aside. On a flat working service fill each tortilla with approximately 1/3 cup filling, roll tightly and place seam side down in baking dish. Continue until both pans are full. Divide the sauce and pour over each dish. Then divide the remaining 1 cup cheese over each dish. Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly, 15-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Top with scallion greens to serve.