Panzanella Salad is a comfort food from Italy that sounds fancy….but it’s actually just a wonderful salad with bread. This is a summer dish as plump, vine ripened tomatoes are the star of the show. Using Fresh Harvest ultra-premium Extra Virgin olive oil makes this dish epic!
* 1 sweet or sour baguette (torn in to pieces)
* 2 pounds sweet, juicy heirloom tomatoes, diced 1″
* 1/2 cup pitted olives, your choice on variety
* 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
* 1/4 cup torn flat leaf parsley leaves
* 8 oz. mozzarella fresca (you guessed it… torn)
* 1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese
*2 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 3 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Oregano white balsamic (you can make substitutions here, such as our Traditional balsamic, Neapolitan Herb balsamic or Premium White, etc)
* 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves super finely minced
* fresh ground pepper and salt to taste
Preheat the grill or your broiler. Toss the torn bread with EVOO, and either grill it until nicely browned on the edges and crisp, or place on a sheet pan and broil until well toasted.
Arrange the bread on a nice platter or in a large bowl.
Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together well in a large bowl. Add the cut tomatoes and gently toss with the dressing. Spoon the tomatoes and their juice mixed with the dressing lovingly over the top of the toasted bread.
Scatter mozzarella, olives, parsley, and basil leaves over the top of the tomatoes. Just before serving top with grated Pecorino, salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately while the bread has a crunch.