You can use any of our fused or infused olive oils to create a wonderful Aioli (mayo) for your chicken salad. Using a stick blender makes this easy and simple.
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts (skinless)
- 1 ½ cups celery ribs, chopped
- 1 ½ cups red seedless grapes, sliced in quarters
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro or Parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ½ cup Almond slivers or Pecan or Walnut pieces
- 1 cup Fresh Harvest Garlic or Herbs de Provence Aioli (see recipe below)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Boil chicken breasts in salted water until cooked, set aside and allow to cool completely. Cut chicken into ½” cubes. If chicken was on bone, pull remaining meat off and shred.
Add cubed chicken to a large bowl. Gently stir in celery, onion and Aioli (see below) until well mixed. Add grapes, almonds and Cilantro/Parsley. Gently stir until well blended. Salt & Pepper to taste. Serve on mixed greens or on your favorite sandwich bread. This is great on a Croissant with a side salad.
Basic Aioli – Stick Blender Method
In a bowl, or even better in the mixing cup that came your immersion stick blender, combine egg, lemon juice, salt, and Dijon. Place the immersion blender in the bowl/cup and process in short pulses until smooth. Next. with the motor running, add the olive oil in a slow, steady streamand process until smooth and blended. Lift the immersion blender at an angle while mixing. Blend until smooth, creamy and thick. Refrigerate immediately. Lasts 7-10 days tightly covered in the fridge.