This recipe makes 12 crab cakes that are the best we’ve ever eaten! You don’t have to fry all of them at the same time, you can save half of the uncooked cakes in the fridge overnight and fry them in a day or two.
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard
- 1 cup crushed Saltine crackers
- 1 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- ½ cup finely chopped celery
- ¼ tsp. red hot pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley sprigs
- 3 tbsp Red Bell pepper (chopped finely)
- ½ cup finely chopped scallions (green onion) or shallots
- ½ tsp. Salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1-pound crab meat, lump preferred, shell and cartilage removed
- ½ cup finely ground fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ cup+ Fresh Harvest mild Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together: eggs, mayonnaise, mustard, Old Bay seasoning, Worcestershire and pepper flakes.
- Next stir in the bell pepper, celery, saltines, parsley, scallions, salt and pepper, and blend well. Add the crab meat, folding it in lightly without breaking it up.
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Shape them into hamburger-like patties. Dredge lightly in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat approximately 2 tablespoons of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté the crab cakes 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown, using the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil (or more) if necessary. Drain on paper towel (if needed…remember our olive oil is high antioxidant and a superfood!) and serve immediately. Try serving with our Best Tartar Sauce recipe!