This easy and moist cake is packed with antioxidants too!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- pinch of orange zest
- 3/4 cup Fresh Harvest Mani Orange olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8 or 9 inch round with parchment paper or baking spray. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer on medium speed, beat the sugar, orange zest, and eggs together until pale yellow, about 1 minute. If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can also do this by hand with a whisk!
- Keeping the mixer going at a medium low speed, slowly streaming in the olive oil to emulsify. Make sure you go slowly to prevent the batter from splitting! Add in the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients (all-purpose flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt) and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Last, fold in the berries gently.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 45 -55 minutes or until he cake is a lightly golden brown and a knife inserted into the middle comes out mostly clean. (Optional: dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!)
- Try it with a mild Fresh Harvest EVOO and your favorite berry!
- Lemon fused olive oil + raspberries
- Lemon fused olive oil + blueberries
- Blood Orange olive oil + strawberries
- Blood Orange olive oil + chocolate chips
- Mandarin Orange olive oil + blackberries
- Persian Lime olive oil + coconut
- Basil Olive Oil + peaches (diced)
- Use different balsamic vinegars in place of vanilla extract for even more flavor combinations.