- 8 bell peppers, good size, different colors
- 1 pound ground chicken (organic is best)
- 4 cups riced Cauliflower
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2-3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. Greek Freak seasoning or Italian blend
- 4 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Neapolitan Herb balsamic (or use our traditional or fig balsamic)
- 4 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Tuscan Herb olive oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cups organic tomato sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup your favorite cheese as an optional topping (added at end of cooking)
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Low carb, nutritious and delicious. A large cast iron pot with lid or casserole with lid works best for this recipe. Mix all ingredients (except for cheese) together like a meatloaf. Wash and dry the peppers. Cut the tops off the peppers to make ‘lids’. Scoop out seeds and excess growth with a spoon so they’re hollow. Slice the bottom of the bell peppers a bit so they sit flat, careful not to reveal the cavity on the bottom. Fill them with the meat mixture. (If you have excess filling put into a small casserole dish and bake covered with the peppers)
Stuff peppers with meat mixture and set in pot. Add top to each pepper, and then pour water into bottom of pot. Cover and bake in 400 degree oven for an hour. Remove from oven, carefully pull tops off and top with your favorite cheese. Replace tops and allow peppers to cool and cheese to melt. Serve. Yum.