A non-deep-fried version of Panda Express Orange Chicken!
- 1-pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoons ginger root minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp hot red chili pepper crushed
- 1 tablespoon rice wine or Sake
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Harvest Toasted Sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Premium White balsamic
- zest of 1/2 orange
- 1.5 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Scallions (chopped) – optional
- To make sauce, whisk together rice wine, 2 tablespoons water, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, white vinegar, and orange zest. Set aside.
- To make cornstarch mixture, whisk 1 tablespoon cornstarch in 1.5 tablespoon of water and set aside (mixture should be watery thin, not thick).
- To a large pan add 1 tablespoon oil and ground chicken.
- Cook until a good crust forms before breaking apart, then finish cooking by breaking it apart with a spatula and cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes. Try to get the chicken browned with a little crust.
- Once the chicken is cooked add the ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper and cook for about 10 seconds.
- Add the orange sauce and bring to boil.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the pan and cook for just a few seconds, stirring until it thickens. Top with fresh Scallions (optional). Serve with rice and steamed veggies for a light and delicious meal!