One of our favorite family recipes! Baklouti is a spicy African pepper with amazing flavor and depth. Add Hawaiian pineapple, sweet onion and red bell peppers and you’ve got a balance of fresh, sweet and spicy that is delicious for everyone. This is tremendous flavor you won’t want to miss!
- ¼ cup+ Fresh Harvest Baklouti Green Chili olive oil
- ¼ cup+ Fresh Harvest Pineapple balsamic
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken (cut into 1″ cubes)
Place the cut chicken in a large shallow bowl or ziplock baggie. Mix the Baklouti Green Chili olive oil and Pineapple balsamic with a whisk and pour most of the mixture over the chicken (reserve some for a baste when grilling). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is better). Stir occasionally.
- 2 lbs. marinated chicken (see above)
- 1 can pineapple chunks or fresh cubed pineapple
- 2 red bell peppers (cut into 1-2” squares)
- 2 sweet onions (peeled and cut into 1-2” squares
- Wooden skewers (soaked in water for 20 minutes)
Start with a slice of red pepper and layer on chicken, onion and pineapple chunks until the water soaked skewers are filled. Discard the marinade from the chicken bits.
Cook the skewers on MEDIUM heat on your grill, turning at least once and cook until chicken is done and firm. Use the rest of the marinade (not used for the chicken) as a baste. Brush it on the skewers as you cook them for maximum flavor.
This is a dish best served with some Arkansas basmati rice!