This recipe might sound odd, but it’s extremely good. And it’s easy and fast. Serve this along with rice and a salad for a delightful dinner. The Cod Au Gratin is also good served cold on toast the next morning, believe it or not!
- 1 ½ pounds Cod fish fillets (about ½ inch to ¾ inch thick)
- 1 (10 ¾ -ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of celery soup) – or make your own sauce.
- 1/4 cup milk
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese or mild Cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Butter olive oil, divided
Heat oven to 400 F.
Brush 2 tablespoons of Butter olive oil in a shallow baking dish, big enough to just hold the fish fillets in a single layer. Arrange fish fillets in the prepared baking dish.
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the soup with the milk and cook until hot and just simmering, stirring frequently.
Pour the hot soup mixture over fish.
Sprinkle cheese over fish.
Add breadcrumbs to a mixing bowl. Toss them well with 3 tablespoons Butter olive oil. (We do 1 tablespoon at a time, toss well, add another and so on)
Sprinkle breadcrumbs over fish and cheese.
Bake 15-25 minutes or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and fish is flaky and thoroughly cooked. Don’t overcook. Cooking time really depends on the thickness of your Cod fillets.
We like to serve with rice and salad for a delightful dinner.