- 6 bell peppers, any color
- 4 tbsps. Fresh Harvest Milanese Gremolata olive oil
- 8 ounces organic ground pork
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely diced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and finely diced
- Red pepper flakes, as needed
- 1 cup cooked long-grain and wild rice
- 1 ½ cups grated pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off the peppers. Remove and discard the stems. Scoop out the seeds and as much of the
membrane as you can. Place the peppers cut side up in a baking dish just large enough to hold them upright.
- Brown the ground pork in a large skillet, season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up the lumps so the meat is very broken up, until the meat is cooked through and just beginning to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain off all fat.
- Wipe out the skillet and add the olive oil. Add the onions and chopped peppers and cook until beginning to soften, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and zucchini and cook for another minute. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and a pinch or 2 of red pepper flakes. Cook until everything is heated through, then stir in the pork and rice. Taste and adjust seasoning. Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Fill the peppers with the rice mixture and top each with a sprinkle of the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Pour a small amount of water into the bottom of the baking dish and drizzle the peppers with a little olive oil. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake until the peppers are soft and the cheese is melted and lightly browned, another 15 to 20 minutes.