This is a positively delicious and easy recipe! This cheesy chili is great comfort food.
If you don’t have our Key Lime Balsamic, you can use the juice of a lime – but the balsamic is better!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and chicken pulled into bite size pieces.
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans white beans
- 4 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Cilantro & Roasted Onion olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium Jalapeño pepper, deseeded and minced
- 2 medium Poblano peppers, deseeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Key Lime White Balsamic
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can white corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh Cilantro, chopped (optional for topping)
- Sour cream (optional for topping)
- Fresh Jalapeno slices (optional for topping)
- Tortilla chips, crumbled (optional for topping)
Drain and rinse the canned white beans. In a medium bowl, mash halfof the beans with a potato masher until chunky. Reserve beans until needed.
Add the Cilantro and Roasted Onion olive oil to a large Dutch oven and heat it over medium heat until shimmering. Add peppers, onion, and garlic and sauté until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
Add the cumin, coriander, oregano and chili powder and continue to sauté for 1 more minute to toast the spices. Stir in the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the beans and continue to simmer for 20 minutes. Slowly stir in the cheese and continue stirring until dissolved. This will take a few minutes. The cheese is sticky and you need to stir it to the point of becoming sauce.
Next, add the shredded rotisserie chicken, lime balsamic and corn. Salt and Pepper to taste. Stirring frequently, simmer until heated through, about 5-10 more minutes. Serve the chili in individual bowls topped with a dollop of sour cream, chopped Cilantro, freshly Jalapeño slices and tortilla chips. One of our cornbread recipes is also a great companion to this dish.