- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest butter olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups arborio Risotto rice
- Meat from 1 cooked lobster, chopped (or use meat from lobster tails). In both cases, reserve shells for stock)
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- About 6 cups lobster stock*
*You can boil lobster shells in water with clam juice, onion, garlic, celery, etc. to make your own stock.
- In a medium pot, heat the stock and keep warm.
- In a large, wide saucepan, add butter olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add a large pinch of salt, then add the rice and stir constantly for about 2 minutes. Add 1 cup of broth and simmer, stirring until the broth is almost absorbed. Add more broth, a cup at a time, allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding the next. Stir often. Cook until the rice is tender, and the mixture is creamy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in the lobster meat until heated through, then add the chives and ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with remaining Parmesan. Garnish with more chives.