An easy and simple chili with a rich, spicy and smoky taste.
It can also be made as vegetarian or vegan.
- 1/4 cup Fresh Harvest Smoked Chaabani Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Dark Chocolate Balsamic
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 1-pound organic ground beef (optional)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 small Jalapeno peppers, de-seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 – 15 oz cans black beans, drained
- 1 – 15 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 – 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes, drained
Brown ground beef in large pot until cooked. Drain fat. Add olive oil, onion, garlic and peppers. Sauté for 10 minutes until soft. Add the spices and mix thoroughly. Add crushed and diced tomatoes, and beans. Stir well and simmer slowly about 15 minutes. Add Dark Chocolate Balsamic and continue to simmer for another 15-20 minutes. Serve with garnishes such as grated cheese, avocado slices, chips, etc.
If making this as a vegetarian or vegan chili, add an additional can of black beans in lieu of the ground beef.