An easy dinner! Healthy, hearty, nutritious and tasty.
Serve with some crusty bread and you’re set.
- 1-pound very lean ground beef, turkey or meat substitute
- 4 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Sage Fused Olive Oil (or Tuscan Herb)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium/large cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 3 carrots peeled, quartered and sliced
- 4 cups beef broth
- Three 8-ounce cans tomato sauce
- ¾ cups uncooked white rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 tbsp. Fresh Harvest Traditional 18 year old balsamic
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large Dutch oven or pot on medium/high heat, brown the ground beef, breaking up the meat with a spatula until beef is browned. 5-6 minutes.
Drain any fat. Add the Sage fused olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes, or until onion is a bit translucent. Reduce heat to medium/low.
Next, add the cabbage, carrots, beef broth, tomato sauce, rice, bay leaf and balsamic to the pot. Stir well. Bring to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes or until rice is tender, while stirring frequently.
Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove bay leaf and discard. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.