- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), green leaves removed
- Fresh Harvest olive oil, for drizzling(use our EVOO, Butter, Mushroom and Sage or Gremolata)
- 1-2 leeks, white and light green part only, very thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces sharp white Cheddar, grated (1 ½ cups)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Slice cauliflower head lengthwise into 1/2-inch thick slices, including the core. (Some smaller bits will fall away, use those small bits as well to sprinkle on between layers.)
- Drizzle some olive oil onto the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish. (An oval, square or rectangular dish will all work.) Layer about a third of the cauliflower along the bottom, and about a third of the leeks. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and repeat until all of the cauliflower and leeks are used. (Don’t worry about perfectly layering them.) Season top layer with olive oil, salt and pepper, then pour over cream. Scatter cheese on top. Lightly cover with foil and place in the oven.
- Bake until cauliflower is nearly tender, 15-20 minutes (Convection settings may vary). Remove foil and continue to bake until cream has thickened and reduced nearly completely, and the top is golden brown and crisp, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before eating.