This is an easy, quick and delicious recipe. Try to find a good, local, raw honey, rather than box store honey. It browns beautifully and tastes just as good the next day or cold!
- 1/4 cup smooth Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup good quality honey
- 1/8 cup Fresh Harvest Garlic olive oil
- 2-3 pounds chicken thighs (or legs)
- Salt (optional)
- 2-3 sprigs rosemary (or a generous sprinkling of dried rosemary)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, honey, and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and taste. Add more salt and mustard until you get the flavor where you want it.
Salt the chicken lightly and lay the pieces skin-side up in a shallow casserole dish. Spoon the honey mustard sauce over the chicken. Place the rosemary sprigs in between the pieces of chicken and/or sprinkle with fresh or dried rosemary. Save any left over marinade for later.
Bake at least 45 minutes (brush on more marinade halfway during cooking if any is left). Cook until the thighs read 175° on a meat thermometer, or the juices run clear when the meat is pierced with a knife.
Remove from oven when done, cover and let rest at least 10 minutes.