This recipe is amazing, low-glycemic, easy and extremely tasty!
- 1 cup of Fresh Harvest traditional 18-year old balsamic (You can also use other flavors like espresso, pomegranate, fig, black cherry, etc.)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional, leave out for low-glycemic recipe)
- 2 tbsps Fresh Harvest Cayenne Chili olive oil (optional, if not using add more chili powder)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced (or use 2 teaspoons granulated)
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 or 2 teaspoons Ancho or Cayenne chili powder
- ½ ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes over low-ish heat, stirring frequently – make sure to turn on vent fan. The sauce needs to reduce by at least 1/3rd (or to the consistency you prefer). It’ll thicken more when cooling. Taste along the way – adjust seasonings as you like. It will get more spicy as it reduces, so start with less heat and work your way up. (optional: blend the ingredients together with a stick blender or in a Ninja prior to cooking it down.)(optional: mix ingredients in a blender prior to reducing). This BBQ sauce will keep several weeks sealed tight in the refrigerator. Enjoy!