This salad is all about the bread and fresh, homegrown tomato! (By CeeCee)
- 1/2 bag Mixed Spring Greens
- 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 1/3 English cucumber (sliced)
- 6 oz Feta cheese (crumbled)
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes (cut into 1″ chunks)
- 2 cups artisan bread (I recommend a sourdough)
- 2 T capers
- 1 T caper juice
- 4 T Fresh Harvest Gremolata EVOO
- 3 large cloves roasted garlic
- 2 T Fresh Harvest White Balsamic Oregano Vinegar
- Black Pepper to taste
- Juice from tomatoes (see instructions)
Cube 2 day old artisan bread into 1.5 inch cubes. Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
Place cubed tomatoes in calendar, sprinkle with sea salt and gently mix . This brings out their flavor. Put a bowl under the colander to reserve the tomato juice. Let tomatoes sit for 15 minutes.
Toss together toasted bread, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and capers with mixed greens to a large bowl.
Whisk together gremolata, roasted garlic, oregano vinegar, black pepper, caper juice and reserved tomato juice.
Pour over salad and toss to combine. Finish with the Feta cheese. Serve and enjoy!