- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Fresh Harvest Lemon Balsamic
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package instructions in a medium saucepan with 2 cups water. When done there should be no water left, but if there is drain it off. Remove from heat cover for 5 minutes. This step gives the quinoa time to pop open into little curlicues, so it’s nice and fluffy. Remove the lid and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Let quinoa cool or let it chill in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic.
Transfer quinoa to a large mixing bowl, and add in remaining ingredients, including the vinaigrette.
Toss until combined. Serve and enjoy!