- 4 tbsps. Fresh Harvest Tuscan Herb olive oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest Traditional Balsamic
- 1 large zucchini, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 5-6 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper flakes, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. fresh Thyme leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, plus more to garnish
- 1 pound organic, grass fed ground beef
- 1 pound organic ground pork
- 1 cup Italian style panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup catsup
- Salt and/or pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over med-high heat. Add the zucchini, peppers, garlic and onion, ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper, to taste, and cook until almost soft, 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Whisk together the eggs and herbs (thyme/parsley) in a large bowl. Add the meat, bread crumbs, cheese, and the cooled vegetables and mix until just combined.
Mold the meatloaf on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or tinfoil. Whisk together the catsup, balsamic vinegar and ½ red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Brush the mixture over the entire loaf. Bake the meatloaf for 1 to 1 ¼ hours or until done. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh parsley.