This hummus makes a healthy addition to any diet (even low carb) because it’s packed with fiber and vitamins that contribute to your overall well-being.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1-14 oz. can chickpeas (reserve some liquid)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Harvest extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for butternut squash (mild or medium EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon paprika, more for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Juice of one fresh lemon
- (optional) Drizzle with a Fresh Harvest olive oil to serve, use extra-virgin, fused or infused. For this recipe we recommend our Milanese Gremolata or our olive wood Smoked Olive Oil.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut in half. Rub with our olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt.
- Roast on a baking sheet for 35 minutes, turning halfway. Allow to cool completely. (Can be done in advance and kept in fridge).
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Add some of the chickpea liquid to the hummus one tablespoon at a time as needed to help make the hummus creamier.
- Put the hummus in a bowl and top with our extra virgin olive oil (lots of options). Chill well.
- Serve with baby carrots, cucumber slices, raw veggies, naan bread, crackers or pita chips.