A classic done right by using high-quality EVOO! Unlike store-bought EVOO, this will not be greasy. Serve with veggies and pita chips for dipping! A healthy and delicious snack any time of the year!
- 14 oz can chickpeas – rinsed and drained.
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- ¼ cup Tahini or 3 tablespoons Fresh Harvest Toasted Sesame Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon sumac
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup Fresh Harvest extra virgin olive oil
Using a food processor, add Tahini and lemon juice. Blend for 20 seconds to a creamy texture.
Next add minced garlic, spices, and olive oil. Blend for 30 seconds until creamy. Scrape bowl.
Add rinsed and drained Chickpeas and blend for up to 2 minutes until the texture is rich and creamy.
Sprinkle with Sumac for a delightful spicy topping. Serve with bread or veggies. Delicious and easy!
Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate. Try using our different Extra Virgin, Fused and Infused olive oils for a wide range of flavored Hummus recipes!