This recipe is awesome and easy. We recommend using a Wok.
You can locate these ingredients at an Asian or higher-end grocery, or online.
Don’t be tempted to substitute, it won’t turn out right.
For the beef marinade:
- 1 ½ pounds beef (Chuck, skirt or London broil)
- 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine (Shaohsing is best)
- 3 tsp of light soy sauce or Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp of cornstarch
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of baking soda (this tenderizes the beef)
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 cups broccoli (2 large heads)
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp Fresh Harvest Garlic olive oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Harvest Toasted Sesame oil
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce (Lee Kee Kee Panda is best)
- 2 tbsp Liquid Aminos or light soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce (optional)
- 4 tbsp water
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Slice beef thinly and put in a bowl. Add all the marinade ingredients and massage it into the beef strips. Cover and let sit. Next, make the sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients with a whisk and set aside.
Cut broccoli into bit-size florets, discard stems. Blanch the florets in boiling water for 1 ½ – 2 minutes. Do not cover. Immediately transfer the broccoli into a bowl of cold water and ice for a minute. Remove and drain in a colander to remove as much water as possible. Shake a few times.
Heat your wok or non-stick skillet to medium-high heat. Add the oil. Fry the beef 2-3 minutes on each side. Try to separate, stir as needed until done. When done, set aside.
In the same wok, add a little more oil if needed and toss in the minced garlic. Give it a stir. Whisk the sauce quickly and add to pan. It will begin to thicken quickly. Add in the broccoli and mix with the sauce. Then add the beef back to the pan. Stir everything together until well coated. Remove from heat and serve over your favorite rice.