This is one of our favorite recipes! A healthier version that is starch fried, not deep-fried. This easy recipe will have you never order take-out again! Organic chicken and veggies make this low sugar, low sodium, and healthy fat recipe a winner-winner chicken dinner.
First, the sauce:
- ½ cup Fresh Harvest Honey Ginger balsamic
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp low sodium Aminos or Soy Sauce
Place ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk to combine. As the sauce heats up, whisk as it cooks until the sauce is well blended, hot, and thick. Remove from heat.
The main dish:
- 6-7 tbsp Fresh Harvest Garlic olive oil
- 2 tbsp Fresh Harvest Toasted Sesame oil
- 2 lbs. organic, skinless/boneless chicken breast cut into 1” chunks. Dry chunks on paper towels.
- 1 green bell pepper cut into ½” pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into ½” pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled, cut into ½” pieces
- ½ of fresh pineapple cut into 1” chunks or
16 oz pineapple chunks, frozen or canned.
- 1/3 cup cornstarch (spice it up a bit if so inclined)
- Toasted Sesame seeds for finishing (optional)
Add corn starch (and any spices you desire) to a reusable container with a tight lid. Working in stages, add chicken pieces and shake to coat well. Place coated chicken on a plate, not letting pieces touch.
Add oils to a large wok or deep skillet, and heat to medium-high. Fry coated chicken over medium heat (in stages if needed) for about 5-8 minutes until chicken is browned and nearly done. Turn chicken as needed to brown well.
Reduce heat to medium and add peppers and onions with all the cooked chicken. Sauté for another 3-5 minutes, then add fresh Pineapple.
Continue to sauté on medium-low heat just a bit longer (ensure peppers and onions are tender and pineapple is thoroughly warmed), then pour sauce over chicken mixture. Stir to coat well and sauté a few more minutes.
Serve with steamed rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.